How We Work
Our goal is to supply responsibly (and, where possible, locally) sourced produce allowing retailers and consumers to reduce their carbon footprint by supporting vendors who operate sustainably.
It's about getting you to stop and think for a moment:
- What produce do you regularly buy?
- Where has the producer sourced that produce from?
- How does all that impact upon food miles?
We're not advocating 'local only' but love it when producers, wherever they are, have a strong environmental message. Local, however the customer defines it, can help them lower their carbon footprint by buying produce closer to them.
We facilitate this by offering shopping by town and county as well as by product or producer.
Our home-based micro-bakery used flour milled by the local Wessex Mill and grist from farms close-by; in and around the Chiltern and Cotswold hills.
- Committed to sustainability. We are looking for responsible suppliers with a published or stated sustainability policy.
- Dropshipping, pick up or delivery. We can route any orders through to you for fulfilment or can arrange to hold stock or 'click & collect'.
- No fees, just percentages. We won't charge a setup or fixed monthly fee; we will only take a cut of sales.
We think dropshipping or local pick up by the customer (or us in the High Wycombe area) from you is ideal and reduces food miles, especially for sales to customers in your locality. Still, we're happy to hold a small amount of stock to make multi-product shopping carts easier to pick, pack and ship.
If we're wholesaling your products into retail outlets, then it makes sense to ship direct from you to them once we've set up the relationship on your behalf, but again, it may make sense for us to hold stock if we're supplying many of your retailers.
If we can't find a shipping model that works, we're happy to talk about a listing in our store that directs customers to you or your retailers using coupons, discounts or purchase codes.
- Food-focused. We are looking for delis, restaurants, pubs, bars or hotels who have a strong quality food offer.
- Ambitious. We want to work with retailers who are looking to expand their existing food offering or who are working hard to build a sustainable business.
- A Helping hand. We can help you get good wholesale rates and even hold stock for you if you are ordering certain items frequently to ensure you won't run out.
- It starts with us. That's you and I; we are what we eat.
- Control your food miles. We'll offer you quality artisan produce direct from the Vendor to allow you to manage your food miles and thereby reduce your carbon footprint.
- UK-centric. All this while supporting local producers and predominantly UK businesses.
- Currently not operating, but our usual foodstuffs are available to order.
Order by Tuesday evening, for pickup or pre-arranged delivery late Thursday or Friday depending on the product. Local pick up or local delivery is by arrangement only. Call or email us before ordering to avoid disappointment!
Our aim is not to carry thousands of stock items from hundreds of vendors so we can be flexible with the way we work with you, so treat this page as a starting point, contact us if you want to work with us.