How We Work
Our goal is to supply responsibly (and where possible locally) sourced produce allowing Retailers and Consumers to reduce their carbon footprint, by supporting Vendors who operate sustainably.
It's about getting you to stop and think for a moment:
- What produce do you regularly buy?
- Where has the producer sourced that produce from?
- How does that all impact upon food miles?
We're not advocating 'local only' but love it when producers, wherever they are, have a strong environmental message. Local, however the customer defines it, can help them lower their carbon footprint by buying produce closer to them.
We facilitate this by offering shopping by town and county as well as by product or producer.
- Committed to sustainability. We are looking for responsible suppliers with a published or stated sustainability policy.
- Drop shipping model preferred. We will route any orders directly through to you for you to package up and send out to customers
- No fees, just percentages. We won't charge a setup or fixed monthly fee; we will just take a cut of sales.
We think drop shipping or local pickup from you is ideal and reduces food miles, especially for sales to customers in your locality but we're happy to hold a small amount of stock to make multi-product shopping carts easier to pick, pack and ship.
If we're wholesaling your products into retail outlets then it makes sense to ship direct from you to them once we've setup the relationship on your behalf, but again it may make sense for us to hold stock if we're suppling many of your retailers.
If we can't find a shipping model that works we're happy to talk about a listing in our store that directs customers to you or your retailers using coupons, discount or purchase codes.
- Food-focused. We are looking for delis, restaurants, pubs, bars or hotels who have a strong quality food offer
- Ambitious. We want to work with Retailers who are looking to expand their existing food offering or who are working hard to build a sustainable business.
- A Helping hand. We can help you get good wholesale rates and even hold stock for you if you are ordering certain items frequently so as to ensure you won't run out.
- It starts with us. That's you and I; we are what we eat.
- Control your food miles. We'll offer you quality artisan produce direct from the Vendor to allow you to manage your food miles and thereby reduce your carbon footprint.
- UK-centric. All this while supporting local producers and predominantly UK businesses.
Our aim is not to carry thousands of stock items from hundreds of vendors so we can be flexible with the way we work with you, so treat this page as a starting point, contact us if you want to work with us some other way.