Spelt is an ancient grain that was cultivated by earlier civilisations such as Mesopotamia in the Middle East around 9,000 years ago. In Britain, it is first known to have existed as a main crop in 2,000 BC. Unlike common wheat, spelt has not been hybridised or chemically altered.
Our Spelt Experience Box is the perfect gift for the baker wanting to get started with this ancient grain. Each box contains one each of:
- Spelt recipe book, by Roger Saul The Champion of British Spelt
- 1 kg bag of Organic White Spelt flour
- 1 kg bag of Bakers Blend, organic whole grain (60%) and white spelt (40%) flour
- 1 kg bag of organic spelt; Emmer and Einkorn heritage flour blend
- 500g box of Organic Spelt Porridge Flakes
- 400g packet of Organic Spelt Artisan Pasta - Conchiglie
This is a great way to experience spelt and is a great gift for bakers.
Available in limited numbers, flour and cereal may vary. Call if you have a particular preference.
Click here to view all spelt products in our online store.